Disney On Ice
Join a Globetrotting Tour of Disney Destinations when Disney On Ice presents PASSPORT TO ADVENTURE comes to the north east
Tickets for Newcastle’s Metro Radio Arena on Sale 5th May
Disney On Ice is returning to Tyneside this October with a fun-filled tour of the imagination in Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure.
Families are invited to journey to the most memorable destinations with their favourite Disney characters and get swept away by classic tales that have captivated the world. This ice spectacular visits Newcastle from 3 – 8 October for ten performances at The Metro Radio Arena.
Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure invites families to explore the African Pride Lands with Simba, Timon and Pumbaa, voyage deep under the sea to Ariel’s mystical underwater kingdom and tour London with Peter Pan and Wendy, before flying to Neverland to meet up with Tinker Bell. Guests will also be whisked away to the wintery wonderland of the number one animated feature film of all time, Disney’s Frozen, for an extraordinary adventure with sisters Anna and Elsa, rugged mountain man Kristoff and everyone’s favourite huggable snowman Olaf, as they journey to discover that true love is the most magical power of all. Plus, don’t miss the chance to warm up at the Fit to Dance pre-show featuring Zootropolis!
“It’s an extraordinary show and a family vacation all rolled into one incredible night,” says Producer Kenneth Feld. “You really get a sense you are traveling right alongside Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends.”
“The arena will be filled with music and magic in every scene as you discover four unique landscapes filled with boisterous pirates, Caribbean beats and tender moments. With Academy Award® winning musical scores brought to life by world-class skating, Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure is an experience your family will cherish forever.”
Passport to Adventure was created by a team of industry experts known for their ability to convey the movements and designs needed to bring each Disney destination to life:
- Jerry Bilik (Director) – Creative team member for 30 Disney On Ice shows; arranged music for a number of television series, including Starsky and Hutch and Charlie’s Angels; music coordinator for The 31st Annual Emmy® Awards.
- Patty Vincent (Director – Frozen section) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Frozen, Magical Ice Festival and Dare to Dream; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 31 years ago and has advanced in the company to become the Creative Director for all touring Disney On Ice productions. Additional credits include co-director of Playhouse Disney Live! and co-director of High School Musical Summer Celebration (stage show).
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) –2016 Professional Skaters Association Choreographer of the Year Award winner and the 2014 Sonja Henie Award nominee; collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for US Champion Gracie Gold, US Bronze Medalist Mirai Nagasu, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Frozen.
- The Late Robert Smith (Production Designer) – Theater credits include the 2001 revival of Hair at the Wadsworth Theater; the world premiere of Bingo, an award-winning musical in Los Angeles and Stephen Sondheim’s Assassins and Dorian. Film credits include Session Man (Academy Award® winner) and Contact (Academy Award® nominee).
- The Late Arthur Boccia (Costume Designer) – Worked 14 seasons as a top assistant to the late Don Foote, designer for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®; worked in film, television and on Broadway plays, including the Broadway revival of Pal Joey; designed costumes for 10 Disney On Ice
- Patrick Dierson (Lighting Designer) – Lighting credits include the MTV Video Music Awards and the world tour of Shakira; received an Emmy® Award nomination for his work on the post September 11th musical telethon America: A Tribute to Heroes.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more than 75 countries and on six continents to date and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live! and Marvel Universe LIVE! More information about Feld Entertainment is available online at www.feldentertainment.com.
Tickets costing from £19.80 will go on sale 9.00am Friday 5th May online, from the booking hotline number 0844 493 6666 or from 10.00am in person from the Metro Radio Arena Box Office. Please note booking fees will apply.
Tickets are available from:-
- Credit Card Booking and Information Line 0844 493 6666
- The Metro Radio Arena Newcastle Box Office (Mon – Fri: 10.00am – 4.00pm, Sat: 11.00am – 2.30pm)
- Internet Site:- www.metroradioarena.co.uk
- Group Bookers should call 0191 260 6006
- Accessible Bookings should call 0844 493 6666 and select option 3 for further details